Update: September 1, 2020
Beginning September 2, Cincinnati Public Schools will serve breakfast and lunch to all children 18 and under for FREE. Meals can be picked up on Wednesdays from noon to 4 p.m. at any of our schools. Be sure to stay tuned to our social media and website for future updates.
Cincinnati Public Schools' Student Dining Services is committed to providing meals throughout the distant learning start of the 2020–21 school year.
From August 26 through September 23, students may pick up Five-Day Remote Meal Packs at their schools every Wednesday from noon to 4 p.m. Each meal pack contains five lunches and five breakfasts.
Meal pick-up stations are located in the schools' bus lanes. Students may walk up to receive meal packs, too. Walkers should use school sidewalks to stay safe.
To help prevent the spread of germs, it is important to stay 6 feet apart from others and to wash hands often, including prior to leaving home to pick up meals, when returning home and before eating.
Since school buildings shutdown in March 2020 due to COVID-19, CPS' Student Dining Services Department has distributed more than 300,000 grab-and-go meals to families.
10 Reasons Why You Should Take Advantage of the Curbside Meals CPS is Offering
- You will save time grocery shopping and prepping for meals.
- It could extend your household food budget.
- It's comforting and familiar to your kids.
- The meals are nutritious and delicious.
- When kids are offered more healthy vegetables at lunch, they eat significantly more vegetables.
- Healthy food fuels students for learning.
- You are not taking away food from someone who needs it. We have plenty to go around!
- It's convenient - just grab and go!
- We offer fresh produce from local farms.
- We love to provide meals to our students. It's what we do best!